- 2006 – Specialization in Quality Management in Health Services, University of Murcia, Spain.
- Master in Epidemiology, National Autonomous University of Mexico.
- 1991 – Surgeon, National Autonomous University of Mexico.
- Affiliated Physician in the Department of Infectology, National Cancer Institute.
- Professor at the Faculty of Medicine of the UNAM.
- Member of the National System of Researchers since 2005, currently, Level II.
- Researcher affiliated with CISIDAT.
- Member of the National Academy of Medicine, the Mexican Association of Infectology and Clinical Microbiology, the Mexican Association for the Study of Nosocomial Infections, the American Society for Microbiology, the Society for Hospital Epidemiology of America, and the Mexican Association for the Care and Healing of Wounds.
- Surgical complications, particularly surgical site infections and issues related to influenza and respiratory viruses.
- Chronic wounds and topics related to Hospital Epidemiology, infection control, antiseptics, and quality of life.