- 2004 – Doctorate in Basic Biomedical Research
- 1991 – Master of Chemical Sciences (Biochemistry)
- 1987 – Bachelor in Biology
- Full-time Associate Researcher C, Department of Immunology, Institute of Biomedical Research, UNAM.
- National System of Researchers, Level I.
- Basic research, mainly in the area of the properties of HIV-1 envelope proteins and their biological effects.
- Fusion of cells of the immune system induced by HIV-1, the participation of autoantibodies in the inhibition of cell fusion induced by this virus and the inhibition of in vitro infection by synthetic and natural compounds.
- Analysis of the GP41 protein participation in the viral tropism and the infectious capacity of swine influenza viruses in human cells.