- 2015 – Doctorate in Medical Sciences, National Autonomous University of Mexico.
- 1997 – Master of Medical Sciences, National Autonomous University of Mexico.
- 1990 – Specialty in Infectology, National Autonomous University of Mexico.
- 1988 – Specialty in Internal Medicine, National Autonomous University of Mexico.
- 1984 – Surgeon, University of Guadalajara.
- Head of the Department of Infectology and Immunology of the National Institute of Perinatology “Isidro Espinosa de los Reyes”.
- National System of Researchers, Level I.
- Responsible for the Master’s and Doctorate program in Medical Sciences at UNAM, at the Academic Entity, Instituto Nacional de Perinatología.
- Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Perinatology and Human Reproduction.
- Maternal and child health.
- He has published as lead author and co-author in numerous national and international magazines.
- He has extensive teaching experience at the undergraduate and graduate levels and has directed more than 40 specialties and master’s thesis.
- He has received multiple recognitions for his extensive research and clinical care career.