- 2016 – Ph.D. in Health Sciences, University of Ghent, Belgium.
- 2006 – Master in Nutrition and Food Sciences, University of Ghent, Belgium.
- 2005 – Master and Bachelor in Biomedical Sciences, University of Ghent, Belgium.
- Health Economics Division, Health Services, and Systems Research Center (CISS), National Institute of Public Health (INSP).
- Post-doctoral researcher, International Center for Reproductive Health (ICRH), Ghent University, Belgium.
- Leader of the Implementation Research Committee, CISIDAT, A.C.
- Vermandere, H., Aguilera-Mijares, S., Martínez-Vargas, L., Colchero, M. A., & Bautista-Arredondo, S. (2021). Developing HIV Assisted Partner Notification Services Tailored to Mexican Key Populations: A Qualitative Approach. BMC Public Health – BMC Public Health, 21(1), 1-10
- Perehudoff, K., Vermandere, H., Williams, A., Bautista-Arredondo, S., De Paepe, E., Dias, S., … & Degomme, O. (2020). Universal cervical cancer control through a right to health lens: refocusing national policy and programmes on underserved women. BMC international health and human rights, 20(1), 1-9.
- Galle A, Vermandere H, Griffin S, De Melo M, Machaieie L, Van Braeckel D, Degomme O. Quality of care in family planning services in rural Mozambique with a focus on Long Acting Reversible Contraceptives: a cross-sectional survey. BMC Women’s Health. 2018 (in revision)
- Mabeya H, Menon S, Weyers S, Naanyu V, Mwaliko E, Kirop E, Orango O, Vermandere H, Vanden Broeck D. Uptake of three doses of HPV vaccine by primary school girls in Eldoret, Kenya. A prospective cohort study in a malaria endemic setting. BMC Cancer. 2018; 18:557.
- Ndizeye Z, Vanden Broeck D, Vermandere H, Bogers J P, & Van Geertruyden J P. Knowledge and practices of general practitioners at district hospitals towards cervical cancer prevention in Burundi, 2015: a cross-sectional study.Globalization and Health. 2018; 14(1), 4.
- Vermandere H, Galle A, Griffin S, de Melo M, Machaieie L, Van Braeckel D, Degomme O. The impact of facility audits, evaluation reports and incentives on motivation and supply management among family planning service providers in two districts in Maputo Province, Mozambique. BMC Health Services Research. 2017; 17:313.
- Shangani S, Naanyu V, Mwangi A, Vermandere H, Mereish E, Obala A, Vanden Broeck D, Sidle J, Operario D. Factors associated with HIV testing among men who have sex with men in Western Kenya: across-sectional study. Int J STD AIDS. 2017; 28(2): 179-187.
- Vermandere H, van Stam MA, Naanyu V, Michielsen K, Degomme O, Oort F. Uptake of the human papillomavirus vaccine in Kenya: testing the health belief model through pathway modeling on cohort data. Globalization and Health. 2016; 15:12(1): 72.
- Vermandere H, Naanyu V, Degomme O, Michielsen K. Implementation of an HPV vaccination program in Eldoret, Kenya: results from a qualitative assessment by key stakeholders. BMC Public Health. 2015; 15(1): 875.
- Vermandere H, Naanyu V, Mabeya H, Vanden Broeck D, Michielsen K, Degomme O. Determinants of Acceptance and Subsequent Uptake of the HPV Vaccine in a Cohort in Eldoret, Kenya. PLoS One. 2014; 9(10): e109353.
- Leroy JL, Vermandere H, Neufeld L, Bertozzi SM. Improving Enrollment and Utilization of the Oportunidades Program in Mexico Could Increase Its Effectiveness. The Journal of Nutrition 2008; 138(3): 638-41.