- 1990-1992 – Fellowship in Infectious Diseases, Cleveland Clinic Foundation.
- 1989 – Fellowship in Clinical Microbiology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation.
- 1987 – Specialty in Internal Medicine, INNSZ.
- 1981 – Surgeon, La Salle University.
- Head of the Department of Infectious Diseases at the Salvador Zubirán National Institute of Medical Sciences and Nutrition (INCMNSZ).
- Researcher in Medical Sciences “F” of the National Institutes of Health.
- Professor of the sub-specialty on HIV / AIDS of the Faculty of Medicine at UNAM.
- National System of Researchers, (SNI) Level III.
- Member of the National Academy of Medicine.
- Researcher affiliated with CISIDAT.
- HIV treatment with antiretrovirals.
- Epidemiology of HIV infection.
- Late presentation to treatment in patients with HIV infection.
- Antiretrovirals in the prevention of HIV infection.
- Immune Reconstitution Syndrome.
- Clinical aspects of infectious diseases.
- He has been participated in national and international clinical trial groups and has published as an author and co-author in various national and international journals on HIV/AIDS.