- Master of Medical Sciences, National Autonomous University of Mexico.
- Pediatric Infectology, Hospital Infantil de México.
- Head of the Clinic for children with immunodeficiency of the Hospital Infantil de México Federico Gómez.
- Member of the Ethics and Clinical Aspects Committee of CENSIDA.
- Member of the group that teaches the refresher course workshop on antiretroviral treatment for the accreditation of Specialized Services in the Social Protection System in Health in Mexico.
- Member of the Inter-institutional group for health workers training in HIV / AIDS in Mexico (SSA).
- Researcher affiliated with CISIDAT.
- Emerging parasites in HIV/AIDS patients.
- Depression in children and adolescents with HIV/AIDS.
- She has participated as an external reviewer of CONACYT research projects and was the reviewer of free papers submitted to the 3rd IAS Conference on HIV Pathogenesis and Treatment, Rio de Janeiro, 2005.
- She has obtained funding from CONACYT and PAPIIT to develop projects related to emerging parasites in patients with HIV/AIDS and depression in children and adolescents with HIV/AIDS.
- Pavía was part of the Commission to define treatments and drugs associated with diseases that cause catastrophic costs (HIV/AIDS) coordinated by the General Health Council.