- 2009 – Doctorate in Biomedical Sciences, UNAM
- 2002 – Master in Molecular Medical Microbiology, University of Nottingham.
- 2000 – Pharmaceutical Chemist Biologist, UNAM.
- Head of the Center for Research in Infectious Diseases (CIENI) of the National Institute of Respiratory Diseases (INER).
- National System of Researchers, Level II.
- Researcher affiliated with CISIDAT.
- Molecular epidemiology and HIV transmission networks in Mexico and Central America.
- Surveillance of transmitted resistance to antiretroviral drugs in Latin America.
- HLA-associated evolution of circulating HIV in the Mesoamerican region.
- Coordinates the participation of CIENI / INER as the WHO Regional Reference Laboratory for the Technical Cooperation Network for HIV Drug Resistance for Latin America and the Caribbean.
- He directly coordinates the CIENI / INER Molecular Biology Laboratory, mainly focused on Sanger and next-generation sequencing.