- Infectious Disease Subspecialty, Emory University.
- Internal Medicine Specialty, Emory University.
- Medicine, La Salle University, Mexico.
- Hubert Professor and Director of the Hubert Department of Global Health, Emory University.
- Professor of Medicine at Emory University School of Medicine.
- Principal Investigator and Co-Director of the Center for AIDS Research (CFAR), Emory University.
- Co-Principal Investigator of the Emory University HIV/AIDS Clinical Trials Unit and CDC.
- Early HIV diagnosis, access to care and antiretrovirals for hard-to-reach populations.
- Prevention of HIV infection and the translation of research results into public policy and practice.
- Addiction and drugs.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the International Antiviral Society of the United States (IAS-USA),
- President of the Scientific Advisory Committee of PEPFAR.
- NEJM Journal Watch Infectious Diseases Editor-in-Chief for HIV / AIDS and Associate Editor for Clinical Infectious
- Diseases as well as a member of the Editorial Board of the Journal of AIDS and Global Public Health.
- He was Executive Director of the National AIDS Council of Mexico (CONASIDA, the federal agency of the Mexican government responsible for AIDS policy at the national level), from January 1992 to August 1996.
- He was also a member of the UNAIDS Program Coordinating Board (1995-1997).
- Declining Hospitalizations among Persons With HIV; Time to Leave no One Behind. Colasanti JA, Del Rio C. Clin Infect Dis. 2019 Oct 22. pii: ciz1047.
- Pre-exposure prophylaxis uptake and discontinuation among young black men who have sex with men in Atlanta, Georgia: A prospective cohort study. Serota DP, Rosenberg ES, Sullivan PS, Thorne AL, Rolle CM, Del Rio C, Cutro S, Luisi N, Siegler AJ, Sanchez TH, Kelley CF. Clin Infect Dis. 2019 Sep 10.
- Marijuana Use and Its Associations With Pain, Opioid Dose, and HIV Viral Suppression Among Persons Living With HIV on Chronic Opioid Therapy. Merlin JS, Samet JH, Cheng DM, Lira MC, Tsui JI, Forman LS, Colasanti J, Walley AY, Del Rio C, Liebschutz JM. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2019 Oct 1;82(2):195-201.
- Ending the Epidemic in America Will Not Happen if the Status Quo Continues: Modeled Projections for Human Immunodeficiency Virus Incidence in 6 US Cities. Nosyk B, Zang X, Krebs E, Min JE, Behrends CN, Del Rio C, Dombrowski JC, Feaster DJ, Golden M, Marshall BDL, Mehta SH, Metsch LR, Schackman BR, Shoptaw S, Strathdee SA. Clin Infect Dis. 2019 Nov 27;69(12):2195-2198.
- Enhancing patient navigation with contingent financial incentives for substance use abatement in persons with HIV and substance use. Stitzer ML, Gukasyan N, Matheson T, Sorensen JL, Feaster DJ, Duan R, Gooden L, Del Rio C, Metsch LR. Psychol Addict Behav. 2019 Aug 22.
- Inclusion, Diversity, Access, and Equity: Perspectives for Infectious Diseases. Sears CL, Del Rio C, Malani P. J Infect Dis. 2019 Aug 20;220(Supplement_2):S27-S29.
- Integrating program-tailored universal trauma screening into HIV care: an evidence-based participatory approach. Kalokhe AS, Riddick C, Piper K, Schiff J, Getachew B, Del Rio C, Sales JM. AIDS Care. 2019 Jul 30:1-8. doi: 10.1080/09540121.2019.1640841.
- Can we end HIV as a public health problem globally? Progress towards achieving the UNAIDS 90-90-90 goals. Del Rio C. Curr Opin HIV AIDS. 2019 Sep 20.
- Editorial: Can we end HIV as a public health problem globally? Progress towards achieving the UNAIDS 90-90-90 goals. Del Rio C. Curr Opin HIV AIDS. 2019 Nov;14(6):439-441.
- Associations between chronic pain, analgesic use and physical therapy among adults living with HIV in Atlanta, Georgia: a retrospective cohort study. Pullen SD, Del Rio C, Brandon D, Colonna A, Denton M, Ina M, Lancaster G, Schmidtke AG, Marconi VC. AIDS Care. 2020 Jan;32(1):65-71.