- PhD – Health Policy and Management, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
- Medicine – University of California, San Diego.
- BA – Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
- Dean Emeritus and Professor of Health Policy and Management at the UC Berkeley School of Public Health.
- Director a.i. UCMX Alliance.
- Berkeley Co-Director of the China Public Health Program.
- Affiliate Professor at INSP and the University of Washington.
- Economic evaluation.
- Impact evaluation.
- Implementation Science.
- Previously, he directed the HIV and TB programs at the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Dr. Bertozzi worked at the National Institute of Public Health of Mexico as director of the Center for Research in Evaluation and Surveys. He was the last director of the WHO Global Program on AIDS and also held positions in UNAIDS, the World Bank and the government of the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- He has served on the governing boards and advisory boards of the East Bay Community Foundation, HopeLab, UNICEF, WHO, UNAIDS, the Global Fund, PEPFAR, the NIH, Duke University, the University of Washington and the American Association of Doctors. He has advised NGOs and ministries of health and social welfare in Asia, Africa and Latin America.